Welcome to this blog that shows how enterprising the city of Hull's young people are. The blog will feature up-dates about the work of the Hull Youth Enterprise Partnership and its support for Global Entrepreneurship Week.
















Tuesday 10 April 2012

John Cracknell Youth Enterprise Bank - April Funds

The John Cracknell Youth Enterprise Bank supported by Hull based Telecommunications Company KC met to-day and gave grants to the following young people from Hull and East Riding


1. Tom Baron (19) was granted £500 for equipment and training on accounts for his photography business and will get a mentor from the Princes Trust




2. Thomas Arran (18) was granted £843.38 towards equipment for his photography business and will be invited to be official photographer for GEW 2012

3. The Green Queens a group of teenagers from Malet Lambert School were granted £1,000 for equipment will be mentored by Claughtons and Mike Notarantonio of Hull Ready

4. Luke Hills (18) was granted was granted £800 for a Cricket Coaching Business to be based at Brough they are receiving support from Hull College’s enterprise programme

5. Tawnie Marshall (20) was granted £500 for his Garden Maintenance for equipment and he will receive mentoring support from the Princes Trust

Thomas Arran said

"The grant will allow me to advance my business through both building a commercial and professional website and the ability to purchase new camera equipment that will enable me to improve my work and offer a greater range of services. The support from the Youth Enterprise Bank has been amazing and has provided me with the confidence to start and run my own business, the grant will only further allow me to build my confidence in running a business and provide the extra support needed"


Tawnie Marshall (20) Gardening business


“Getting the grant from the YE bank has meant everything to me, especially being able to be my own boss, doing something I really feel confident about. It is very rewarding seeing the finished work that I have created and the smile on my customers’ faces’ “



The deadline for the next round of applications to the Youth Enterprise Bank is 31st May and the panel will met on Tuesday 12th June further information www.youthenterprise.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment