Welcome to this blog that shows how enterprising the city of Hull's young people are. The blog will feature up-dates about the work of the Hull Youth Enterprise Partnership and its support for Global Entrepreneurship Week.
















Monday 10 October 2011

Year 9 Students from Malet Lambert represent Hull at the North East Football Club competition

On Friday 7th October 20 students from Malet Lambert school in East Hull attended the North East enterprise challenge at Newcastle United FC ground at St James Park. The teams represented at the competition included Hull City, Middlesbrough, Sunderland and Newcastle United FC. The Challenge took place in the magpie executive box overlooking the impressive St James Park pitch. The student brief was to design an app for their representative club that would engage fans. Student had to come with a new app concept, explain the target audience and price.
Comments from students learning experience

I have learnt how to work in a group and participate in an activity. I have also learnt how to design an app on paper and the confidence to talk to new people.

I have enjoyed the day I have never been to Newcastle so it was a new experience for me. I have learnt was goes into making an app.

I have learnt to work as a team and to put together an organised presentation. I have also learnt that having to explain to judges about our app wasn’t that embarrassing.

Today I learnt how to design a new product and how to work as a team.

I think that today was a very enjoyable day. I liked looking around the stadium meeting new people and taking part in the challenge. Overall I had a great day.

I have a learnt today that if you put all of your ideas together you can create something also to work in a team well and don’t get shy be confident.

I have learnt how to put my ideas together with other people and how to design an app.

Today I feel I have learnt how to work better as a group and how to design a product to high expectations.

I have learnt how to work as a team and how to think about things I wouldn’t normally think about.

I have learnt how to work in a team and talking to new people whilst having fun. I have also learnt how to explore my imagination and making an app.

Today was very good I had a really fun day and wood definitely do it again.

Today I have learnt a lot. I have learnt how to work better in groups and how to be patient when working with other people.

Today I have learnt it’s not always about winning and to work with people who I wouldn’t normally work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment