Welcome to this blog that shows how enterprising the city of Hull's young people are. The blog will feature up-dates about the work of the Hull Youth Enterprise Partnership and its support for Global Entrepreneurship Week.
















Monday 3 October 2011

Malet Lambert School attends the MADE Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Festival

On Thursday 22nd September 25 Year 9 students from Malet Lambert School attended the MADE Festival in Sheffield at the invitation of Claire Young and Hull Training. Students had the opportunity to listen to a variety of business leaders including Vince Cable MP Secreatary of State for Business Innovation and Skills , Claire Young and Peter Jones from Dragons Den.


Students reflections from the day:

I have learnt that to be successful not to give up. That you can be what you want to be no matter what it is. Take little steps at a time, don’t give up.

I have learnt what inspired some of the most successful people in the Business Industry. I learnt that if you try hard at something it may give you a better life in the future. Also I have learnt that business’s start out in a lot of weird ways. I met some successful business people aged 16/17 who have some of their own business’s.

I would like to say a big thank you to all of the Entrepreneurs and I am very grateful towards Claire Young who made it possible for Malet Lambert to attend the event.
I think that overall it was a good day. I especially enjoyed Peter Jones and Emma Harrison’s speech, as they were funny, interesting and inspirational.


No comments:

Post a Comment