Welcome to this blog that shows how enterprising the city of Hull's young people are. The blog will feature up-dates about the work of the Hull Youth Enterprise Partnership and its support for Global Entrepreneurship Week.
















Friday 13 July 2012

Josh Langcaster (15) Pupil Mallet Lambert School Work Experience

This week was great. I got to break free of the structured routine of school lessons into the world of work. The week started with a meeting, the contents of which are, at this moment, confidential, which was attended by my form tutor, Mr Logan, amongst other people. I then spent the rest of the day measuring one of the training rooms and translating it into a digital medium so I could then design the furniture layout for the room but not before I had my safety induction.


Tuesday, began similar to how Monday ended, except with a lot more tea making. I began to work on a large display to highlight the Big 13 Enterprising skills, which, funnily enough involved some of those skills. I continued to design and improve on the layout of the training room before Wednesday.


The van was available on Wednesday, which meant I needed to help shift furniture from another HCC office to the training room with Mike, Charles disapperaed for a meeting!! . There was a lot, but we got through it in the end. That wasn’t the end as we then had to extract the old furniture. I’m glad I wasn’t unloading it.

Thursday saw a continuation with the display design and more tea, along with an excursion to Neasden Primary School to help some of the kids make a new sign for the school.

I finalised some of the designs I had worked on this week today, ready to be sent off into the world. I made a bit more tea and finished by writing this very blog. So now its back to school for one last week before the holiday.

Charles Cracknell  Holder of the Queen's Award for Enterprise Promotion said

"Josh Langcaster was a great credit to Malet Lambert School and we enjoyed having him with us there is no doubt if other companies want to consider work experience I would encourage them to so and certainly look at working with Malet lambert School"

"Josh's design for Hull Youth enterprise Partnership logo will be used in the future as will his proposed  layout of the Lee Creamer Youth Enterprise suite and we will look to see how we can adapt his design for Big 13 Enterprise Skills Notice Board"



No comments:

Post a Comment